This talk will be given by Mike Shipway at the Club on Wednesday 9th January at 8pm, and is one not to miss if you may do rescue duty at any time next season. It will provide essential knowledge that you should not be without. Please make every effort to attend.
The bar will be open.
Our series of Tynemouth Sailing Club winter talks has been planned – and we will be holding them on a Wednesday at 8.00 p.m. for no more than an hour. See below for the program (and in the calendar shortly) & other events pre-season.
Although four of the talks are aimed at “Lasers” much of the content will be applicable to other boats as well. They will be aimed at those who have started sailing relatively recently and will not be “expert” although we plan to show some of the coaching DVDs. THere may be a couple of additons to the programme below. We hope to see a good number of you for the talks and afterwards at the bar, as well as at other events.
- Jan 2nd Laser Class Meeting. ( We have 25 lasers! ) and the Solo is invited as well!
- Jan 9th Rescue; the basics; Mike
- Jan 16th Lasers; controls and rig adjustment: Mike
- Jan 23rd Lasers; Starting and going to windward; tacking; Mike
- Jan 25th Burns Night
- Feb 6th Rescue; Piers and Priorities, towing; Mike
- Feb 9th Prize giving Dinner. Grand Hotel.
- Feb 13th Lasers; Reaching, Gybing, Running and Finishing; Mike
- Feb 20th Lasers; Tides and Windshifts; Mike
- Feb 27th Contrasting Cruises; Mild Mediterranean and Windy Western Isles; Terry and Tom and crews.
- March 6th Rules; Basic and Expert ; Mike and Howard
- March 13th Race Officer; Equipment and basic procedure. Mike and Ian
- March 20th Spare, to be decided.
- March 24th The Blaydon Race
- March 27th Race Officer; Laying Harbour Courses; Howard
- March 30th Working Party tbc
- March 31st First Sunday tbc
- April 6th On water practice of race officering and basic rescuing. Mike and 3 others.